Tuesday 14 February 2012

Cleanser Threesome. :p

Happy heart's day! :) This post is all about loving...your skin. Sad intro there. ha ha ha

Just a brief on my skin type, I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. Sucks to be me, I know.

Anyway, I've been able to keep my skin pretty much under control lately. I've never had great skin so I start sending prayers to the heavens when I only get 3-5 pimples a month. Well as long as I don't get stressed out too much and as long as I don't get a lot of night shifts, my skin stays fine. I wear pretty heavy make-up on a daily basis which doesn't really help at all either.

So here's what I use to wash and exfoliate my skin with.


Okay. You can't really see anything, can you? ha ha ha Here's a list of the stuff I wash my face with.

Avene Cleanance Soap-Free Gel Cleanser. This is gentle and never leaves my skin dry. I use this when my skin feels fine and relaxed. This 200ml bottle has lasted me for 6 months already. Yes! 6 months! Talk about value.

Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser. Again, another soap-free cleanser. This one though, I find is a bit stronger. So I use this before I get my period, before/during/after night shifts, and simply on those days when my skin needs help. But this product can get pretty drying so I don't use it more than 4 days in a row.

Another cleanser which I use about twice a week is the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser, also from Mario Badescu. And as the description suggests, this is for dull, congested skin. The Glycolic Acid in this helps break-up the build-up from your skin's surface. This one, since you only use it 2x a week, lasts a lifetime. And it smells nice and herby and leafy.

Lastly, to exfoliate, I've been using this for years and although I feel that I need to find a less abrasive scrub, I still can't seem to part ways with this. It's the St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Blemish and Blackhead Control. I feel that the grits/granules in this can be a bit too harsh. The formulation is a bit strong, too so I skip cleanser when I use this so I don't overdry my skin. I use this every 2 days.

When I don't scrub, I use my Clarisonic Mia every 2-3 days with whichever of the 3 cleansers I feel like using or to remove makeup with my Shu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil. Instead of emulsifying the oil with my hands, I use the Clarisonic instead. I just run the brush underneath warm water and scrub away. When my face feels dry from all the acne products, I skip cleansing and exfoliating and just use this oil. And it's a 2-in-1 product as well which is great. Most people think that this is just a make-up remover because it's oil based. But it can actually replace your cleanser already. I tried this for a while but my skin really just needs extra help. To be honest though, I wouldn't be repurchasing this since it doesn't really make a remarkable difference.

Toners and moisturizers coming up next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment