Friday 13 April 2012

Review: China Glaze White Crackle in Lightning Bolt and Sweet Hook

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this combo. 

As an individual polish, I love China Glaze's Sweet Hook from the Electro Pop Collection. I like the color and the consistency. A perfect alternative or match with this Spring's mint greens (Although we don't have Spring in Singapore. #WishfulThinking).

Now, the Crackle polish, I hate. I'm not a pro at applying nail polish and I proudly admit to being slow and to doing a sloppy job. If you're anything like me in this regard, this nail polish is going to be a pain for you to apply. 

Once you take the brush out and start swiping it, you need to be fast. If you take time, the polish thickens on the brush and on the sides of the bottle. Turning into what looks like a chalky paste. As thick or even thicker than all purpose glue. And once it reaches that stage and you accidentally apply it on your nails, you'll have that thick gunk on top which no longer cracks and just sits there.

Lastly, I find that this white from China Glaze is not opaque at all. You need to apply quite a thick coat at one go for it to work. If you apply too little, it's translucent and the finish isn't nice. I haven't tried double coating though but I'm not sure that would work with a cackle polish.




Lucky for me, I'm not a big fan of the crackle nail look so I don't have to go out searching for the perfect crackle/shatter nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment