Tuesday 13 March 2012

Product Review: Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense

This is my new favorite sunscreen! Link!

I'll jump to the pros and cons straight away. No beating around the bush here.

Pros:
  • Fragrance-free
  • Doesn't make my face oily/greasy
  • Doesn't make me break out
  • Not sticky
  • Does not leave any white residue on my skin once the sunblock dries - I get this a lot when I rub my face once my sunblock dries. Maybe when applying foundation/concealer/any liquid or cream product. I'll notice that I have little white particles sloughing or rubbing off.
  • Lasts the whole day
  • SPF is high enough to be used at the beach
  • Does not leave a white cast after the product dries
  • Packaging wins a +++ for me, too because of the flip top cap and that it stands on the cap side so the product will always flow down to the tip especially when you only have a wee bit of product left.

Cons:
  • You need to use a separate moisturizer. So that's an extra step in your skincare routine
  • A bit pricey at S$68 for 30ml
  • Takes quite a while (3 minutes, give or take) to absorb into the skin after I work it in.
I learned from Kiehl's that if you add another "0" to the SPF number like SPF50, that's how long it protects your skin from the sun. So if this is SPF 50, that means 500 minutes of protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment